Stress Or Joy- Choice Is Yours
The holiday season brings a lot of excitement, yet for some of us, it can be very stressful as well. You may think why stress? Well, it can lead to “overs” such as overscheduling, overspending, etc. or multiple caregiving roles, demanding work, and many others.
According to John Hopkins Medicine, these tips will help you enjoy holidays.
1. Reflect on what is important to you during holidays. It may seem silly at first, but thinking about what you really want to do during the holiday season will help you choose wisely how to and with whom to spend meaningful time.
2. Make a plan as early as possible about what you will do during the holidays. Having plan will give you something to look forward to and avoid spending time on “unnecessary“ things.
3. Communicate clearly how others can assist or support you. If somebody can, let him/her help you shop, wrap or cook. Let others know if you need help and your loved ones will truly enjoy helping you.
4. Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Even though it's the holiday season, try to keep your diet healthy. Take a rest when needed and still include exercise in your daily schedule.
5. Realize the holiday season is a marathon, not a sprint. Even though extra socializing during holidays is exciting and fun, doing too much exhausts your physical and mental energy. Practice saying “no” and allow yourself to give up on some activities.
6. Monitor alcohol and medications. We cannot stress enough the importance of moderation when it comes to alcohol, especially if you are consuming medications.
7. Manage your spending. Having a plan ahead will help you decrease your spending. Decrease your financial stress by sticking to your budget and reducing the number of gifts.
8. Reflect on what went well this holiday season and improvements you would like to make for next year.
We wish you a fun, safe and healthy holiday season!
Thanks for reading!
Farmers Mutual Insurance
749 Wilson Road, Newberry, SC 29108