- Farmers Mutual Family
Winter Vehicle Preparation
#Winter is coming sooner than you realize. Even though the weather is usually not severe in South Carolina, it can change quickly, and temperatures can drop to 40°F or below. The past few winters, we experienced very little snow. Don’t get complacent with the mild weather. Make sure your vehicle is ready for a safe ride during winter weather conditions. Here are several things you should do to stay safe while on the road:
- Check your tires using the penny test. If the tread is slow change them.
- If you are preparing for longer trips this winter, make sure you have high-energy snacks with you. Check your car safety kit for a working flashlight, blankets, road flares, and first aid kit.
- Check your engine coolant and antifreeze levels.
- Use winter windshield washer fluid.
- Change your oil. It is best to use winter grade oil.
- Inspect your battery and your heater (AC).
Your friend at Farmers Mutual Insurance wishes you safe travels this winter!
Thanks for reading!
Farmers Mutual Insurance of Newberry
749 Wilson Road, Newberry, SC 29108
#farmersmutualsc #morethanjustfarms #WinterVehiclePreparation